A couple of facts to set the scene on why Water Is A Vital Component…
1. Your body is composed mostly of water, 65-75%!
2. Water is required for every cellular action in the body.
Anyone who has worked with me knows how passionate I am about encouraging you to become aware and accountable for how much water you drink. Most people do not drink enough and it makes achieving their health and wellness goals SO MUCH HARDER!
Staying hydrated helps the body absorb and transport vitamins, minerals, and hormones to the blood cells. It really is that Water Is A Vital Component for your health and wellbeing during and after pregnancy.
This has an effect on the way we sleep, our mood, and our ability to heal, digest and detoxify. It also plays a part in our ability to maintain a stable weight or lose body fat.
If you’re not drinking enough water, you’re making it that much harder for your body to work efficiently!
1. AIM FOR 2-3lts PER DAY
Water Is A Vital Component If you’re pregnant, healing, nursing, pumping, exercising, or living in a hot, humid climate, for optimal health, you should be aiming to drink 2-3 liters of water per 24 hours.
2. VISUAL CUES / REMINDERS
If you’re someone who struggles to remember to drink try implementing a few reminders or visual cues. These are super powerful and serve as a nudge to get the water in! This could include:
- Leaving a glass/bottle of water in all the places in the house/classroom where you spend the most time. When you see it, you are reminded to take a sip.
- Setting an alarm reminder on your phone every 90mins throughout the day.
- Every time you (insert action), take a slurp of water. An example would be that every time you walk into the kitchen, take a drink, or every time you sit back down at your desk, take a sit etc. Habit stacking is a powerful way to build new habits because you’re not having to rely on memory alone.
- Purchase a water bottle that has time measure marks on the side. You can find many on Lazada at different price points but they look a little like this – https://www.lazada.co.th/…/2-2000ml-water-bottles-222…
3. FLAVOUR YOUR WATER
Water Is A Vital Component but it doesn’t have to be boring. If you don’t like the taste or find it boring, try flavouring your water. You can do this with herbal/fruit teas (not caffeinated) or by infusing your water by adding fruits and herbs. Here are some ideas to get your inspiration flowing. https://www.tasteofhome.com/…/best-flavored-water-recipes/
Let me know how you get on!